Let us introduce you to one of the most productive cattle breeds in the world.....
WHY DO WE SAY SO.....
- Being able to keep 3 Dexters instead of any 2 large framed animals grazing on the same hectare of land
- The breed is a non-selective feeder, highly adaptable, very hardy and easy on the veld.
- Dexters have good feed conversion rates and excellent Average Daily Gains (ADG's).
- The Dexter is a dual purpose breed with exceptional meat and milk qualities.
- Dexter meat is know for exceptional marbling, tenderness and flavor.
- Dexters have a significant larger Eye Muscle Area (EMA) than other breeds, indicating more saleable meat.
- Dexters have a good temperament, making them easy to handle.
- Dexter cows have exceptional maternal instincts, taking great care of their young.
- Cows calve at a young age and have low inter-calving periods(ICP's).
- Calves are weaned at 205 days at plus 55% of the mother's weight.
- There are two recognized types, short legged and non-short. Dexters are black, red or dun.
|Sat Jul 21 @08:00 - 05:00PM - VRYSTAAT DEXTER KLUB INLIGTINGSDAG|
|Sat Aug 11 @08:00 - 05:00PM - Dexter Genootskap AJV - Stamboek Kantore, Bloemfontein|
|Tue Aug 14 @08:00 - 05:00PM - Warmbad Skou|
|Sat Aug 25 @08:00 - 05:00PM - Nedbank Eston Agricultural Show|
|Sat Sep 01 @08:00 - 05:00PM - Overvaal Dexter Klub Skou - Willem Prinsloo Museum, Bronkhorstspruit|
|Mon Sep 17 @08:00 - 05:00PM - Alpha Skou|
|Tue Sep 18 @08:00 - 05:00PM - Alpha Skou|
|Wed Sep 19 @08:00 - 05:00PM - Alpha Skou|
|Thu Sep 20 @08:00 - 05:00PM - Alpha Skou|
|Fri Sep 21 @08:00 - 05:00PM - Alpha Skou|