Welcome to the Dexter SA Home page
Allow us to introduce you to one of the most productive cattle breeds in the world.....
WHY DO WE SAY SO.....
- Being able to keep 3 Dexters instead of any 2 large framed animals grazing on the same hectare of land
- The breed is a non-selective feeder, highly adaptable, very hardy and easy on the veld.
- Dexters have good feed conversion rates and excellent Average Daily Gains (ADG's).
- The Dexter is a dual purpose breed with exceptional meat and milk qualities.
- Dexter meat is know for exceptional marbling, tenderness and flavor.
- Dexters have a significant larger Eye Muscle Area (EMA) than other breeds, indicating more saleable meat.
- Dexters have a good temperament, making them easy to handle.
- Dexter cows have exceptional maternal instincts, taking great care of their young.
- Cows calve at a young age and have low inter-calving periods(ICP's).
- Calves are weaned at 205 days at plus 55% of the mother's weight.
- There are two recognized types, short legged and non-short. Dexters are black, red or dun.
CAN YOU AFFORD NOT TO FARM WITH DEXTERS?
|Sat Apr 14 @08:00 - 05:00PM - Overvaal Klub Skou - Willem Prinsloo Museum, Bronkhorstspruit|
|Mon Apr 30 - Vleissentraal SA Stud Book / SA Stamboek Elite Bulgroeitoetsklas, Bloemskou, Bloemfontein|
|Wed May 02 @08:00 - 12:00AM - Bloemfontein Skou - Vrystaat Dexter Klub|
|Thu May 03 @08:00 - 12:00AM - Bloemfontein Skou - Vrystaat Dexter Klub|
|Fri May 04 - Bloemfontein Skou - Interras Kampioenskappe|
|Wed May 16 - NAMPO|
|Thu May 17 - NAMPO|
|Fri May 18 - NAMPO|
|Tue May 29 - The Royal Show - Pietermaritzburg|